There are two basic dental care that you can do to maintain oral health, such as:
These are done to remove unwanted plaque. Plaque is a thin film that sticks to the teeth, above and below the gum line. Plaques can build up and harden, which becomes a tartar.
Tartar is harder to give the teeth a good cleaning. To know basic dental care, you should talk to halifax family dental specialists to get advice on several oral health issues. The bacteria from plaques use sugars to make acids. The acids damage the teeth and gums. Get regular checkups,
Is basic dental care essential?
- Practicing basic dental care helps the following:
- Get rid of tooth decay
- Get rid of gum or periodontal disease
- It shortens time with dental hygienist and dentist
- Saves money
- Helps get rid of bad breath
- Helps maintain to whiten the teeth
- Boosts overall health
- It makes stronger teeth
How to prevent dental problems?
- Brush teeth twice a day
- Floss once a day
- Eat healthy diet
- Avoid sugary foods
- Never snack before bedtime
- Don’t smoke
If you can follow all these, you can have that great smile that everyone dreamed of. In case you can’t maintain a beautiful smile, perhaps you need a backup from a dental specialist. The dental specialist can offer different dental services that your teeth need.
Dental services are provided by dentists and dental professionals to maintain, improve, or restore oral health. These services are different treatments and procedures aimed at:
- preventing dental issues
- diagnosing dental conditions
- treating dental problems
A list of common dental services are:
- Preventive services. Dental cleanings remove plaque and tartar buildup. Routine check-ups to assess oral health and identify potential issues. Radiographic images are used for diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Restorative services:
- Used to repair cavities and restore damaged teeth.
- Protective caps are placed over weakened or broken teeth.
- Used to replace missing teeth by anchoring to adjacent teeth.
- Removable prosthetic devices.
- Dental Implants. Permanent tooth replacements.
- Orthodontic services:
- Braces: Used to correct misaligned teeth and improve bite.
- Invisalign: Clear aligners that provide an alternative to traditional braces.
- Endodontic services. Root canal therapy is the removal of infected or damaged pulp from a tooth.
- Oral surgery.
- Tooth extractions
- Wisdom teeth removal
- Dental Implant Placement
- Cosmetic services:
- Teeth Whitening: Aesthetic treatment to brighten teeth.
- Veneers: Thin shells placed over teeth.
- Cosmetic Bonding: Repairing chipped or discolored teeth.
- Pediatric dentistry:
- Specialized care for children’s dental needs, including preventive and restorative treatments.
Dentists and dental professionals provide these services to help individuals maintain healthy teeth and gums and address any dental problems that may arise.